Want to chat?

Our consultants are on standby, fill in your details and chat online
Please enter your name
Name must contain some letters
Please enter a valid email
Please enter a valid email

Want to chat?

This functionality is no longer available. and we'll call you back.
This chat session is no longer active.
Please enter a message
Max length limited to 500 characters

We have not received a response from you in a while. Please respond to keep the chat active. You will be disconnected in {{chatmeControl.ChatMe.userTimeOut}} seconds.

Want to chat?

This functionality is no longer available. Please leave your details here and we'll call you back.

Let us call you back

Please enter a name
Name must contain some letters
Please enter a contact number
Please enter a valid contact number
Please select a reason

Please select a suitable date and time

Please select a suitable date
Please select a suitable time

Thank You

Thank you for your details, we will contact you shortly

The ins and outs of Commercial Risk

Thursday, 14 December 2017

Whether you are contemplating starting a new interior design business, have owned a carpentry business for many years, or run your bed and breakfast from your home, protecting your business from insured losses is one of the most important ongoing financial investments you can make. It can mean the difference between going out of business after a severe loss or recovering from a severe loss with minimal interruption - and financial impact to your company’s operations. You can protect your business by choosing the right commercial insurance, based on the type of business you operate.  

Here are some questions to consider, before you decide which cover is right for your business:

  • What are the potential risks faced by my type of business?
  • What is the replacement value of my business property?
  • Do I have expensive equipment, such as specialised instruments or stock?
  • Does my business have employees?
  • Do customers or contractors visit my business at my home?
  • Do I use my car or other vehicles in the course of my business operations?

Auto & General provides commercial insurance in three general classes: property insurance, which provides protection against events such as a business owner's building being damaged in a fire; liability insurance, which protects the business owner in the event of negligence, and business vehicle insurance.

Auto & General also offers more specialised options, such as:

Business Interruption insurance, which reimburses you for lost profits in the case where you are forced to suspend your business operations due to an unforeseen incident such as a fire. 

Errors & Omissions insurance, which protects, amongst others, design professionals, in the event of a law suit, alleging negligence in the provision of their services.

Directors & Officers Insurance, which protects directors or officers of a company, who as a direct result of their actions find themselves in a legal dispute.  This type of insurance covers costs or damages as a result of a lawsuit.

This article has been written by Auto & General Insurance Company Limited, an authorised financial services provider (FSP number 16354). For more information on your commercial insurance needs contact us on 0861 11 28 88, contact your broker or click here. Terms and Conditions apply.

The importance of a signed contract
4 tips to help keep your home and your insurance policies in top shape